I am using the Jira Database Values plugin for several custom fields. We are on Jira 5.1. After upgrading the plugin to 3.0, the AJAX search no longer works. I suspect it may be related to the HTML for the rendering.editpattern. I've also tried this on my test Jira which is on 5.2. Results are:
JDVP 1.4 - works fine.
JDVP 2.0 - broken.
JDVP 3.0 - broken.
Here is my rendering.editpattern:
{0}<span class="informal" style="color: grey;"><br />Title: {2}</span><span class="informal" style="color: grey;"><br />Status: {4} / Visit Date: {5}</span><span class="informal" style="color: grey;"><br />Owner: {3} / Tower Id: {1}</span>
It used to show the ID field (field 0) in the text box, and the AJAX list showed the other fields nicely formatted. But now it looks like the picture:

Anyone have any ideas?
If it helps, the HTML being rendered in the broken version looks like this:
<input aria-haspopup="true" aria-autocomplete="list" role="textbox"
autocomplete="off" id="databasevalues_customfield_10920" name=
"_customfield_10920" class="ui-autocomplete-input" size="50" value=
"29896&lt;span class=\" style="\&quot;color:" type="text"><br>
Title: AL0036 - Coker Site Audit 1<span class="\&quot;informal\&quot;"
style="\&quot;color:"><br>
Status: Closed / Visit Date: 11/08/2012</span><span class=
"\&quot;informal\&quot;" style="\&quot;color:"><br>
Owner: Kim Koesy / Tower Id: AL0036</span>"/&gt;
Thanks!