I created a custom field titled Origin. It will be a read-only field on the view screen and I need to capture the name of the project or project key in which the issue was created within. This is important to retain as we want to move an issue from one project to another to make it easier for backlog management - but, the original project is critical for us to meet our ISO reporting requirements.
I tried to use a Post function that said to copy value from field Project to Origin (my origin is a text field; but, I also tried it with a select list of all the project names and keys as I wasn't sure what the Project field contained). The post function was done after the issue was created.
However, I get an error that it cannot copy fro Project to Origin.
Does anyone know how I can populate this custom field with either the Project Name or Project Key?