I now have the svn mirror plugin working for our organization. Now that the mechanics are working we are trying to determine the best workflow using feature branches and pull requests. Our basic workflow is:
1) Create a branch off of master for a given work item.
2) Once the work is completed, git push -u in order to create a remote branch on the Stash server so that we can issue a pull request.
3) Once the pull request is approved, merge that into master.
The one burdensome part of this workflow is that in order to merge back to master I need to git fetch --rebase the master branch and then merge that into the feature branch and then update the feature branch so that I am merging something that is consistent with the master branch (which is getting constant changes from svn).
This creates a sort of "rectangle" of branches, with my local master tracking stash's master and my local feature branch tracking stash's feature branch. Anytime a svn commit happens I need to rebase/merge that change from stash/master->local master->local feature->stash/feature.
I'm guessing there is a much better way of doing this. Any advice?