I am currently using internal Jira directory for user management and would like to migrate all the existing users to an Internal directory with LDAP Auth.
I have set up a Internal directory with LDAP authentication and people can login (as far as the UserObjectFilter is set up) and default groups are set correctly for new users.
In order to minimise disruption I expected to have to migrate all of the users manually. ie - create duplicates of users in the new directory, assign them to their existing groups and then disable old users, then find a way to re-assign issues to the new users and figure out some way to reassign saved filters dashboards etc to the new users.
Then I see the link that says "Migrate users from one directory to another"
Does this simply move all users to the new directory with no changes? it keeps all ticket assignees, Issues filters, dashboards, users assigned to custom fields. timesheets, Tempo etc? (ie probably just changes the directory id of the user behind the scenes?)
but I cant find any documentation about what this button actually does?
If this is the case then all I would have to do is to migrate the users, then change their logins (manually mung them in the db) to match their AD equivelence (ie they are currently firstname.lastname, but AD has firstInitalLastName).
anyone have any idea how I can test this?