Hi guys,
I'm trying to figure out the different time spend in each steps of our developement process;
I setup a board with 3 columns + done:
- UpStream (aka To Do)
- In Progress (aka in Progress)
- DownStream (aka in review / to be release / qa )
- Done (aka Closed)
I'm trying to segragated time Upstream, In Progress and Downstream, and while looking at the average values for each of them, I get figures :
- Upstream : 6 days, 16 hours, 1 minute
- In Progress : 15 days, 21 hours, 48 minutes
- Downstream : 16 days, 5 hours, 13 minutes
Sum = 38 days, 19 hours, 2 minutes
(don't worry about the actual lenght of those, I'm actually more looking at Epics than sprint tasks -:) )
When I select my 3 columns directly, I got average time
- Upstream + In Progress + Downstream : 42 days, 5 hours, 50 minutes
In my understanding, those 2 numbers should be exactly the same. I'm obviously using the same time frame and the same filters and swimlanes.
The same behaviour is reflected in the other metrics (standard deviation, running average....)
So my first question is :
Why are they not the same ? Where are those 4 days ?
My second question is about the "Done" column. There is stuff in there, mainly a few tasks that have been "repopened". Can I be certain that those tasks are nevertheless taken into account in the other columns ? Also, are they not introducing the issue above ?
Thanks;
Paul