This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Searching for issues and filtering
I am unable to find issues created in JIRA using advanced search although I am able to go to issue directly by specifying the key in issue box on top right. Can anybody help?
You may have a broken index, but could you tell us what "advanced search" you are using to start on the debugging? Just the plain text of the JQL please
I have created 2 projects in JIRA and 2 sample issues in each. I was unable to find either after which I modified permissions and issue security settings. All 4 issues got available in search results.
I created more issues in both projects which are not available in results. Older issues are still available.
Query is just - project = XYZ.
Ok, I need to simplify this down to a basic test.
Create a new issue in XYZ. Go to somewhere else in JIRA outside the current project (dashboard is fine). Type the new issue ID into the quick search - do you get taken to the issue? Next test, go back to your "project = XYZ" search - does it appear in the list there?
Hi Nic,
Someone performed a background re-indexing and it worked for all previous issues. But now when I create another one, I still can't find it in advanced search although I can navigate using quick search. Is this an indexing issue even after running it again? Seems like every new issue I create is not available in the advanced search. Surely, there is no need to re-index every now and then? Can you please suggest.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.