I am installing confluence on a CentOS 7 vm in VM Fusion. I cannot test "localhost:8090" since there is no browser on the VM. How do I edit server.xml to allow for connection from a different computer for initial setup?
Adding "-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true" to the end of the first Java prefix line in %install%/bin/setenv.sh fixed this issue in combo with "iptables -F" which flushed the local fw rules. I will need to add rule for after reboot. Thank you for the help!
You don't. Server.xml is only telling it what port to listen on. How other computers get to that port is up to your network.
localhost is always "this computer". Your VM has another IP address it exposes to your network, so replacing localhost with that IP address means "go to that VM". You can then use DNS to give it a name. All you need to do is tack :8090 to the end of the ip or name to get to Confluence. ( I suspect you're already accessing it with something like "ssh Robert@ourserver.ournetwork" - try browsing to http://ourserver.ournetwork:8090)
When I do http://ip:8090I get "no data recieved" from my chrome browser. When I do netstat -an | grep 8090, it only displays 127.0.0.1:8090 in the list, not *:8090 or ip:8090
That doesn't sound like a server error. Could you try a different browser? (Or even just chrome in private browsing mode)
Ah, ok, it's using IPv6. I half-answered that on your other question (sorry - I didn't realise it was the same person!).
I say half because all I've got there is a workaround - you'll be able to use CentOS 7, forced to use IPv4 (actually, just the Tomcat running Confluence will use it). But Confluence ought to work on IPv6 and I don't know why it messes up like this. Oddly, I got a different error, but I suspect it was compounded with SSL, so I was getting better error messages!
you mentioned you are using VM fusion correct? are you using a regular IP with the HOST's IP? or using NAT? if using NAT make sure you are forwanding ports.
HAving pretty much the same issue...ne1 got this working?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.