Hi all,
I have been looking for some SCM alternatives based on git and Stash+Jira look really good.
Currently we have our SCM system set up with ClearQuest and ClearCase UCM with some extra configuration on CQ side:
- We create Version records in ClearQuest and assign Issues/Features to them. We have quite a few custom fields in our CQ records.
- Developers work on CQ Issues/Features, change code, and when done, we can create a version in ClearCase from ClearQuest (via hooks).
We like how we can plan which issues go with each future version of our software, and the fact that all commited code is referenced to a CQ issue.
From what I've seen it looks like Jira + Stash could cover most of what we do, but I'm not 100% sure. The Jira-Stash integration seems pretty loose. Do you know if Jira-Stash can be configured to work like we do now with CQ-CC? (mainly managing Stash versions from Jira, and making sure that all commits refer to a Jira issue?)
Thanks!
BR,
A. Martin.