I want to decide which project types are shown, if I create a new project in JIRA.
How can I remove or hide out of the box existing project types?
Go to the UPM -> Manage add ons, and look for the system add-on that provides project blueprints/templates. Most of the project types are modules, so you can disable the individual modules and they'll vanish from the list.
Thanks!!! That's it!
Where is this in the latest Cloud version?
Same place, but I'm not sure you can disable modules in Cloud.
Can I change one of them in the Cloud version so it uses things like the workflow I have defined by all by default?
No, that requires coding, which you can't upload.
In JIRA v7.0, go to JIRA Administration > Add-ons > Manage Add-ons > change filter to System and then find "JIRA Core Project Templates Plugin". Expand that list of modules and you'll find a lot of the project templates to disable. There's still one or two though I haven't found out how to disable yet.
You're probably missing the ones provided by other add-ons or Applications
Hi @Andreas Merkle,
I am trying to achieve the same thing in JIRA 7.0.10Could you please tell me what was the plugin and which module of that plugin you disabled to remove the project types?
Hi @Muhammad Tayyab Bashir,
I think Geoff Wilson (2nd answer below) described it. Didn't check it yet with v7.0.10
Hi @Geoff Wilson
I've tried disabling all the plugin modules present in "JIRA Core Project Templates Plugin" but the project types are still not going away. Did you find something regarding this? Another plugin module or some other way?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.