I'm confused by some of the question, and would like some explanation on other bits:
>auto create issue
Lots of ways, but the question here is when? When do you want to automatically create an issue - what is the trigger?
>follow up ID
I don't know what you want from "and follow up id"
>based on custom field options
What do you want to do with the options in a custom field?
>issue move to one transition to another transition
I'm afraid that is nonsense. Issues move from one status to another through transitions. Talking about transitions in that way simply doesn't make sense and I can't guess at any meaning.
Sorry that's a bit of a brain dump, but I'm really struggling to understand the question.
Hi,
really we need to auto create issue in JIRA based on the custom field values.
we have one custom field called as "Manual Hotfix required?" if values is yes means create one issue in another project. if it is no means no action required.
how we can do this?.
if this action was happen in workflow transition.
For example : issue status changed to pending to fix reviewed. At this time we need to check that custom field values (Manual Hotfix required?='Yes' ) is trun means auto create one issue in another project.
Ok, that's explained it all.
You'll need to write a little bit of code to do this - you need a post-function that can read the current value and construct a new issue in the other project.
I'd use the script-runner add-on as usual.
Hi ,
we have downloaded some add ons and tried to create a issue while changing the transition from one to other and also check the custom field value . it results some error.
error.png
i am using the post functions and add ons as below :
workflow enhancer fore JIRA
It seems that you need some more hardcode-solution. U would recommend you to create a you on script function.
At first see this (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/32982259) for fast develop of postfunction. I ussually use same scripted field to test my postfunction.
Let start with first part - how to evaluate is it reqared to create an issue. I assume that you use a radio button custom field. Here is code example which returns true when hotfix requred, and false when not requared or fild is empty:
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField CustomField radioButton = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Manual HotFix required?"); if(radioButton == null) return "no such field" if(radioButton.getValue(issue) == null) return "false" if(radioButton.getValue(issue).toString().equals("Yes")) return "true" else return "false"
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.