Hi!
I am trying to test out the REST API provided by confluence. We are running confluence version 5.5.6. (which is supposed to provide a REST API)
When I try to create a new page using curl, as described in this example https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-server-rest-api/confluence-rest-api-examples
(see the "Create a new page" header) I get an http 200 code, along with the the front page of our confluence site returned in html, and no new page is created in confluence
When I try to "Find a page by title and space key"
I also get a standard confluence html page with containing the errormessage. "The page you were trying to reach could not be found." (even though I'm pretty sure the title and space key is accurate), along with the 404 message
According to the documentation https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-server-rest-api/confluence-rest-api-examples
I expected the response to be json structured (even when error codes are returned)
Remote API's are enable in the config, althought it only specifies XML-RPC & SOAP, not REST.
Any ideas to what I am doing wrong? to have html returned rather than JSON.
And why does my requests fail(is it related to the response format problem) ?
Thanks
Tor