Currently (Portfolio 1.7.*) there are no built-in export capabilities in JIRA Portfolio for both Excel and PDF. The best you can get right now is going to the "Reports" > "Schedule" tab and use the web browsers printing capability to print to PDF.
We are planning to add structured PDF, CSV, XLS,.. export in the future but right now we are still focused on improving the integration with existing data and making it available for JIRA Cloud.
Martin Suntinger, Product Manager for JIRA Portfolio
Thanks for your response Martin. Good to know its already on your list. Yes, I can wait for that.
I think tighter integration with existing data is also something I would look forward to.
For now, I was able to extract the Portfolio data in xml format and then open it as formatted xml in excel worksheets. All I had to do was remove the rows and columns I did not need and I could get what I wanted.This was instrumental in communicating detailed taskwise/stagewise man day estimates to potential clients.
Hello there,
I have created this suggestion below, in order to track this feature request:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPO-169
Feel free to add your comments and your user case in the suggestion, also, add yourself as a watcher, so you will be notified about any updates, and vote for the development of the feature.
Kind regards,
Pedro Souza.
I really Second this, it's an imperative feature for it to be mass adopted by my organization.
Agreed. The lack of being able to print or send to Excel is a big deficiency in Portfolio management. There is no easy way to show senior management what they need to see.
i was hoping there would be a workaround, this is imperative for our senior management as well. we need to share a list with them and let them pay with plans without it actually sync-ping to our true stories and epics. a way to communicate desired changes before they are committed to.
Definitely a major omission: there is really no reasonable way to get your data out... even saving the webpage doesn't work.
So this got untenable for our org and we had to find a solution. Its not sexy, but here's a script in python that exports the XML file exported by the portfolio tool into a CSV file you can open in Excel. Anyone with Excel skills can pretty up the output. Of course, if Atlassian changes their XML output structure it will break, but its a start.
https://github.com/nascitur/portfolioprocessor
Just what I was looking for. Is this script still functional??
3 Years and yet there is still no graphical way to export reports. All we get is CSV - meaning we then need to re-work the data again to make it digetable to stakeholders.
This is a fundamental requirement for planning systems,
Years later... still no solution?
4 years
5 years
Our exporter apps allow exporting Portfolio-managed plans to PDF:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEqRikB5jTQ&feature=emb_title
...and to Excel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8kEWOefi2o&feature=emb_title
(Note that these are supported and paid apps. I am a developer.)
Found this free simple Google Chrome extension at Chrome store.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/full-page-screen-capture/fdpohaocaechififmbbbbbknoalclacl
I am able to capture the Jira Portfolio Plan report (running several pages) into a PDF document at the browser level even if the Jira Pf is not currently providing such an option. Works great, FYI.
Life saver !!!
Thanks
You can consider a more convenient analog of Full Page Screen Capture as - Picflip chrome extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/picflipio-1-screenshot-ca/emdjgaadafkmimgiifodbpgoceclbfjb
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.