Star Date: 250413. 1600 CMBUK
One of the biggest complaints I've had from users about using Confluence is the search results. Without getting to specific, many many people have told me that it doesn't work for them, that they get too many results or none.
As someone who does 99% of their work in Confluence (as admin, content designer, tech writer etc) I'm very used to the environment and searching. I'm also used to using the more advanced search techniques such as AND/OR/NOT and double quotes, so I've never really found searching to be a problem.
But what is your experience? What have you done to improve the built-in search? For example, have you used any of the plugins, have you restructured your content to improve navigation and thus lessen the need to search?
Anything you can tell me will be welcome, I've got to do something about this for our wiki, but my research in the Atlassian user info and the plugins hasn't filled me with hope.
Cheers.