Ive managed to get my user groups and users in Jira I have added my active directory groups to the internal jira groups mirroring admin with admin dev with dev and users with users. I am now trying to log on as a user. If I have Internal and Microsoft Active Directory (read only) enabled should I be able to authenticate with my AD credentials? Or do I need to setup internal with LDAP authentication?
Thanks
Yes you should be able to log in with your AD details... that's half the point of it!
If your user ID exists in both the internal and AD directory then the ordering of the directories will determine which is the correct password to use.
Its not working, I have users in groups and when I try and log in with any AD user credentials I get the error you do not have the permission to log in. What do I need to check in order to get this working?
If I try and add an Active Directory user to an internal group I get the error The user's directory is read only.
After some research Ive found out you cant add an ldap group into an internal group - is this correct? I have decided to change the method of access to internal with ldap authentication.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.