Hey Guys,
So, when I create my search query passing the project name and few more things. I need to get the latest result of that search query. Latest meaning the first result using CURL and/or jira-python. Can somebody here please help.
Thanks...
I believe the easiest way is to use the REST API, using the JQL search function:
curl -D- -u "admin:admin" -X GET -H "Content-Type: application/json" "jira.example.com/jira/rest/api/latest/search?jql=project = TEST&maxResults=1"
Hope this helps!
The "latest" result will happen whenever you run the query. If, for example, you use Daniel's curl example, you will get the current issues that match the query.
Actually, the example returns only the last, as it queries for only one record (note the QS parameter maxResults=1). Well, it might be the first instead of the last, depending on the 'order by' clause, but that is part of the JQL sentence, so part of the search filter. Mine was only and example returning the last acording the default order criteria. I believe that Ishan will need to order by creation date or update date.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.