Is connecting to Sql Server using windows integrated authentication supported on Confluence 4.0.3?
Looks to me like it's not, but I wanted to verify. I'm trying to avoid storing passwords on disk
It depends on the database driver you use. I believe the bundled jTDS drivers do support windows integrated auth, but if not you could replace them with eg the DataDirect drivers if you have a licence for them, which definitely support that.
Just googled and found http://stackoverflow.com/questions/167464/can-i-connect-to-sql-server-using-windows-authentication-from-java-ee-webapp
I have a dim recollection that if the server is on unix then you may need something other than jTDS, but I don't even think that's true now.
Unix boxes happily use jTDS to hook up to MS-SQL databases. In my experience, jTDS drivers are a lot more stable and faster than Microsoft's own drivers. Even on Window servers, which was a bit of a surprise.
Oh sure, I wasn't clear at all. I meant "on unix you might have to use something other than jTDS to do windows integrated auth", and perhaps only when the unix machine is not hooked up to the AD domain.
Ah, I misunderstood. They work fine with AD in my experience (assuming you're on a reliable AD server, which became a problem where I first ran into it). I'm not sure how they handle outside AD beyond a basic username/password setup
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.