I am attempting to perform the following JQL search in JIRA:
project = PROJECTNAME AND status = Open AND assignee in (username) AND comment !~ "generic"
My understanding of what this should return is: All open issues in project PROJECTNAME that are assigned to username that do NOT contain "generic" in the comments.
What I end up getting in the results are issues that both do and do not contain the text "generic". The results do correctly match the other criteria in the JQL statement.
I found another Answers post regarding similar behavior. However the result there was to save two separate filters and then join them together in third filter. While this is indeed a workaround, is this the expected functionality?
Based on the JQL documentation, my understanding of the !~ operator in text searches is it performs a DOES NOT CONTAIN fuzzy search.
Is my logic incorrect here? I am missing something else?
Appreciate any help you can provide.