hi,
Just today I had the following issue: JIRA started working slow until at a moment it didn't respond at all. Having had this before I tried to stop the "Atlassian JIRA" service. This usually takes about 15 minutes in my environment. I usually check the existence of the "tomcat7w.exe" process in the list of active processes and after a 25 minutes wait I decided to restart the entire server as I wasn't sure that the process was actually doing something (server activity was at 0%-2%).
After the server restart some people mentioned me that issues, they had closed at least 15 days ago had returned to the "in progress" status and the issue activity log doesn't show any inconsistent activity with the issue's status.
Here's my question: how does JIRA handle crashes and database transactions? Is it possible that transactions are held in a temporary db for such a long period of time? And that they can get lost if JIRA abruptly crashes?
Is there any way I can trace back what might have happened?
We're using:
- JIRA 5.2.10
- Windows 2008
- MS-SQL 2008
Any guidance is welcome.
thanks!
Jacques.