This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Running Confluence in a Virtualised Environment
Need advice on how to move confluence to another vm.
See comments here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-42817.
You didn't specify what OS and DB you're using on source and destination servers. In general, you can start from here.
Please feel free to ask any additional questions if you need.
"advice" is pretty open-ended. All I can really advise is that you build the new server, install Confluence on it empty, do some testing, then plan and test a migration on to it using a copy or export of your current system (as suggested in the documentation), and then plan to do it for production when the testing all passes.
I would suggest a fairly bullet-proof mechanism:
The reasons I like this method are:
How to obtain dev license to install new server with external database?
What is the full-site export? You mean database export to xml?
This way is suitable only for small instances. If you have a really large installation you will get a lot of problems with this way of migration.
I'd agree with Roman here. For large installations, you definitely want a copy of the home directory and a copy of the database after shutting the system down.
Export/import is for small systems, or for changing the database if you must.
Lars, could you send your script to me. Please
My mail: sansankubyshin@gmail.com
It's from ubuntu with postgresql and move it to same os and database.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.