Hello,
In JIRA, I was wondering if there is a way for the user that creates an issue can be the only one to close it. Right now, I have only the reporter can close an issue condition set for the close transition.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
-Kyle
Hi Kyle,
I see what you mean. You are saying that you want the *original* reporter to be the only one able to close it, regardless of who the *current* reporter is, yes? Sounds like what you want to do is create a user custom field, call it "Original Reporter", copy the value of Reporter to that field in a post function from the Create step in your worklfow, and then associate that custom user field in a permission based condition on your close step.
You can also use Close Permission : as Reporter in Permission Scheme.
Then in workflow condition , use Close Permission for close transition
-Kapil
Thank you for the response Kapil!
I currently have that set as one of my conditions. However, we have multiple people creating issues (users, developers, and admins) and assigning a reporter and assignee other than themselves. Even though they are not the reporter or the assignee, I would like whoever created the issue be the only one to close it. Is this possible?
Thanks Kapil,
That's Possible in two ways :
1) You are using only Reporter Condition
2) Using Close Persmission , as Reporter.
In any of these methods you can achieve it.
You're welcome! I've converted my comment to an answer.
Natalie,
Yes, that was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the help!
@natalie-hobson is right.
Kapil, "Only Reporter" condition will not work here. I can be the logged in user and set the reporter as Kapil. What Kyle wants is, only Bhushan should be able to close the issue because I am the one who is actually creating the issue although I am setting the reporter to Kapil.
Natalie Hobson's method will work. You will need a custom field that you set the value to the logged in user and then have a condition to allow closing the issue to only the person captured in the custom field.
Cheers
Bhushan
Hi, Kyle
Just like to ask were you able to do what Natalie mentioned? I tried to copy it by doing the following below
1) Created a workflow
2) Created a new custom field called it "original reporter"
3) On the new workflow that was created, updated the post function of the create transition
4) selected the post function "copy value from other field". The source field is the "reporter" and the destination field is the "original reporter field"
5) Update the condition of the "close issue" transition created and added the condition "user is in customer field" , and selected the user must be "in field" and field is the "original reporter"
Here is the sample workflow created
image2017-1-20 16:56:37.png
This did not work, hope you can enlighten me or me on who to make this work.
Marlo
Hi Marlo,
Now that Atlassian has provided a "Creator" value (which is the person who originally created the issue, no matter who the current Reporter is set to), this can be done more easily using the Condition or Validator "based on regular expression" from the JIRA Workflow Toolbox plugin (one of my faves). Simply select either the Condition or the Validator, and in the "Field or parsed text to be checked for matching with regular expression" select "Current User" from the dropdown, and then in the "Regular expression" box select "Creator" in the "Field code injector:" dropdown.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.