Ideally, I'd like to be able to hide the entire browse menu from anonymous users, but if that's not possible, can I control what's shown on the browse menu to anonymous users?
Browse to:
Confluence Admin | Look and Feel | Custom HTML
In At end of the HEAD, add some javascript similar to this:
<script>if (AJS.$('#login-link').length > 0) { AJS.$('#browse-menu-link').parent().hide();}<script>
Related question: Can I control what anonymous user sees on the Tools menu?
Thank you so much David!
This is the script I ended up using and I had to put it at the end of the body section.
<script>
if (AJS.$('#login-link').is(":visible"))
{
AJS.$('#space-pages-link').hide();
AJS.$('#space-blogposts-link').hide();
AJS.$('#space-attachments-link').hide();
AJS.$('#space-mail-link').hide();
AJS.$('#space-advanced-link').hide();
AJS.$('#whats-new-menu-link').hide();
AJS.$('#gadget-directory-link').hide();
}
</script>
Cool. That will likely do the trick
There is also the excellent Menu Manager Plugin from CustomWare that does the trick brilliantly. https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/13460
But remember, once you have hidden the commands, the user can still access many of the Confluence features by the URL as definined in this great post http://www.divingintothedetails.com/confluence/urls-to-access-confluence-wiki-functionality/. but most of these do require the confluence pageid.
I was able to combine the two above answers and make it work in Confluence 4.2.
I put this script at the End of Body
<script> if (AJS.$('#login-link').is(":visible")) { AJS.$('#browse-menu-link').parent().hide(); } </script>
None of the above will work for OnDemand. Any other ideas?
My worry is, if you run these scripts, you will lose the edit menu too and be locked out. Any plan for that scenario?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.