Maybe I'm missing something. I'm trying to enable a JIRA User Server. Following the instructions here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Allowing+Other+Applications+to+Connect+to+JIRA+for+User+Management
I am logged in as a user with JIRA Administrators global permission and I do not see a link anywhere in settings for the following:
Add the application in JIRA:
I don't see JIRA User Server anywhere.
I am using JIRA Version 6.1.2
There is a bug report filed here for this https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-35165
Workarounds are either
1) Navigating directly to http://<local-installation>/secure/admin/ConfigureCrowdServer.jspa will reveal the screen for setting up externally-acessible user management.
2) Run the following query, and restart JIRA:
UPDATE pluginstate SET pluginenabled='true' WHERE pluginkey='jira.webfragments.admin:crowdApplication';
Try this URL
You were using the URl for jira version 4.4
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA061/Allowing+Other+Applications+to+Connect+to+JIRA+for+User+Management
Rahul
Same thing. I just don't see the link for JIRA User Server anywhere in settings.
Any solution?
Facing the same issue. Using On-Premise JIRA 6.1 and Confluence 5.3.4
Thanks,
Abhijeet
do you have Jira System Administartor permission?
Considering my scenario - YES. The user am logged-in has System Admin permission.
Hi Mike,
Could it be that your external user management option in the General Configuration is set to ON ?
Maybe that's causing this problem?
Best regards,
Peter
no that is not a problem because i can able to see the "Jira User Server" option even external user management option set to OFF!!
you are right rambanam, that setting does not influence this problem in any way.
Mike,
Are you using OnDemand or an instance you host yourself?
As Rambanam points out in the comments below, this does not work for OnDemand.
Its an instance we host in our company environment.
Also check if External User Management is ON under General Configuration section
I don't think turning "External User Management" would help, as it is used for managing JIRA user management with external system viz. LDAP, ActiveDirectory.
As described in this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA061/Configuring+JIRA+Options#settings
I am self hosted. I have an open support ticket with Atlassian as well. I will let you know if it gets resolved.
External User Management is OFF, I am self hosted, not On-Demand.
Side note: I have an open support ticket on this as well. I will update the post if/when answered. This may just be a bug in certain conditions.
Did anybody figure out how to get the JIRA User Server menu to appear? I have the same problem.
I am running JIRA 6.1.4.
Hey Mike, Abhijeet pointed me to this post since he raised a ticket in support.atlassian.com. Basically, if you are migrating from OnDemand to self hosted (or BTF/Download version), the link won't be showing in the UI but you should be able to access the JIRA User Server configuration page by using a direct URL as follows
http://localhost:8080/secure/admin/ConfigureCrowdServer.jspa
Thanks Zulfadli! That worked perfectly. I have an open ticket with Atlassian and I will point them to this thread so that this can be resolved.
A side note, I don't have a link to create logs in my interface (I had to do it manually). I wonder if the missing link is also related to the fact that I migrated from OnDemand.
According to this https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-35526
The Support Tools plugin is being disabled, you should be able to enable them back via Manage Add-ons.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.