I recently bought and installed Bitbucket server on an AWS RHEL 7.2.
The install seemed to go well and the server comes up just fine. I also created an apache reverse proxy to be able to use a subdomain of bitbucket.company-domain.com.
I've set up the server.xml file as follows;
<Connector port="7990" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
connectionTimeout="20000"
useBodyEncodingForURI="true"
redirectPort=""
compression="on"
compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/plain,text/css,application/json,application/javascript,application/x-javascript"
scheme="http"
proxyName="bitbucket.company-domain.com"
proxyPort="80" />My apache virtualhost is set up as such;
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName bitbucket.company-domain.com
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyTimeout 20
ProxyPreserveHost Off
ProxyPass / http://localhost:7990/
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:7990/
<Proxy *>
Order Deny,Allow
Allow from all
Require all granted
</Proxy>
<Location />
Require all granted
</Location>
CustomLog /var/log/httpd/bitbucket.company-domain.com-access.log combined
ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/bitbucket.company-domain.com-error.log
</VirtualHost>When I startup the Bitbucket server, netstat -tlpn shows this;
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program name
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:3306 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 32495/mysqld
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:25 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 1696/master
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22022 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 20118/sshd
tcp6 0 0 :::80 :::* LISTEN 5749/httpd
tcp6 1 0 :::7990 :::* LISTEN 5951/java
tcp6 0 0 127.0.0.1:7992 :::* LISTEN 5878/java
tcp6 0 0 ::1:7992 :::* LISTEN 5878/java
tcp6 0 0 ::1:25 :::* LISTEN 1696/master
tcp6 0 0 :::22022 :::* LISTEN 20118/sshd
Within less than 10 seconds though...port 7990 just vanishes and I get the Service Unavailable errors.
Additionally, my apache error log file shows this for any requests;
[Tue Jun 21 17:33:03.447264 2016] [proxy:error] [pid 5755] (111)Connection refused: AH00957: HTTP: attempt to connect to 127.0.0.1:7990 (localhost) failed
[Tue Jun 21 17:33:03.447309 2016] [proxy:error] [pid 5755] AH00959: ap_proxy_connect_backend disabling worker for (localhost) for 60s
[Tue Jun 21 17:33:03.447320 2016] [proxy_http:error] [pid 5755] [client 65.29.83.112:63062] AH01114: HTTP: failed to make connection to backend: localhost
[Tue Jun 21 17:33:03.575333 2016] [proxy:error] [pid 5752] (111)Connection refused: AH00957: HTTP: attempt to connect to 127.0.0.1:7990 (localhost) failed
[Tue Jun 21 17:33:03.575397 2016] [proxy:error] [pid 5752] AH00959: ap_proxy_connect_backend disabling worker for (localhost) for 60s
[Tue Jun 21 17:33:03.575402 2016] [proxy_http:error] [pid 5752] [client 65.29.83.112:63063] AH01114: HTTP: failed to make connection to backend: localhost, referer: http://bitbucket.company-domain.com/
I have spent far too many hours trying to figure out where I've gone wrong. Can someone please help?