I want to require the user to complete the Linked Issues/Issues field when transitioning in a workflow. What is the command/option I will want to choose in the workflow toolbox add-on? Thank you.
Hi Scott,
Do you want the user to create at least an issue link when transitioning an issue?
Are you interested in require a specific issue link type and/or issue type of the linked issue?
Hello -
I have added the Linked Issue field to the transition screen and want to make that field required so they can add an linked issue..The use case is the expected behavior is the tester could not press the [Pass]button unless there was a linked test case.
Thank you.
You should add "Validation on linked issues" validator to the screen transition with a configuration like the following one:
Filtering by field values: leave it empty
That did the trick! For extra credit, I even added a message for them to add an issue.
Thank you!
I am trying to link an issue type by entering the ticket number and it's not allowing me to move to the next screen. Within my Validator, I have the Issue types for linked issues set to Bugs and Test so in theory, as long as the issue type is either one of those, I should be able to link it, correct?
Actually, I played around with additional settings and I was able to link the issue
I am having an issue with the below validation - can you please help?
Validation on linked issue:At least 1 and no more than 1000 issue links with the following characteristics: - Issue link types: Impacts or blocks. - Linked issue's issue type: Artifact. - Linked issue's status: Unit and / or Integration Testing, QA/UAT Support, New, Ready For Prod or Active. - Linked issue's resolution: any - Linked issue belongs to projects with keys: DA About the rest of issue links: - Unselected issue link types are allowed. - Unselected issue types are not allowed. - Unselected statuses are allowed. - Links to issues in any other projects are allowed. Message to show when validation fails: "A Testing Defect MUST be linked to a Deployable Artifact (either Impacts or Blocks) when transitioning from RCA to In Development".
The above always fails unless "Unselected issue types are allowed". Please note that I only want to allow Impacts or Blocks issue types.
Thank you for your help,
Bart
Note that the below validation, on CREATE, on a different workflow works as I would expect - ie: the link type MUST be "Is a Deliverable of" and the issue type MUST be a "Higher Level Initiative".
Validation on linked issue:
At least 1 and no more than 1000 issue links with the following characteristics: - Issue link types: Is a Deliverable of. - Linked issue's issue type: Higher Level intitiative. - Linked issue's status: Active. - Linked issue's resolution: any - Linked issue belongs to projects with keys: HLI About the rest of issue links: - Unselected issue link types are not allowed. - Unselected issue types are not allowed. - Unselected statuses are not allowed. - Links to issues in any other projects are not allowed. Message to show when validation fails: "When a BTD is created it must be linked to an Active HLI via the link type "Is a Deliverable of"".
Hi Bart,
I have some questions:
Thanks,
srikanth
Hi
Can you provide me configuration for validation on linked issue for below given
usecase
Parent Bug can only be closed if all the child issues are closed.
Hi Juby,
Assuming that when you say child issue you mean sub-tasks, you can use "Validation on subtasks" with the following configuration:
Hi Fidel,
Thanks.
By child i meant links, The sub task part i got it.
Thanks for helping.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.