We have JIRA connected to Crowd. Our Crowd directory contains all of our users, and is working fine. However, I need to change the configuration of the directory and that can only be done if I am logged in via a different directory. So, I enabled the JIRA internal directory.
- Enabled internal directory
- Created user with unique name "jiraadmin"
- Added user to new group "internal-admins"
- Added group to "JIRA Users" and "JIRA System Administrators" permissions
- Clicked "Test" on the internal directory and confirmed all "success" messages for jiraadmin
- Tried logging in with jiraadmin - FAIL
2012-01-19 13:15:47,878 http-8080-7 anonymous 795x360x2 j7tfjy 131.198.224.155,198.151.224.26 /rest/gadget/1.0/login login : 'jiraadmin' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookie.
2012-01-19 13:15:47,905 http-8080-7 anonymous 795x360x2 j7tfjy 131.198.224.155,198.151.224.26 /rest/gadget/1.0/login The user ' jiraadmin ' has FAILED authentication. Failure count equals 11
I also tried the above steps with a new crowd directory. Same results. Test indicated success but actual login attempts failed. Only our one Crowd directory works.
Any thoughts on why unique users in the internal JIRA directory cannot log in?