Hi. I have noticed that a number of plugins from the Plugin Exchange state that they use "Plugin System: Two". I also see that the Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager has been recently released as version 2.x.
First of all, I have tried to check which version of the UPM I have installed. The System Plugins list tells me it is version 1.4.1 (and I run stand-alone JIRA 4.4.4). This seems to be pretty outdated. (Oddly enough, the Plugin Exchange list only a version 1.4.0 and no version 1.4.1 of UPM, and this version isn't even compatible to 4.4.x?!) Also, I cannot find a way to upgrade to the latest version; the Upgrade tab tells me I am up-to-date. According to the Plugin Exchange, the latest version should be 2.0.3.
Second, I have not found any information on whether 2.x is fully compatible with 1.x plugins. I certainly assume this is the case, but I would appreciate confirmation.
So my question is: Which version of the UPM should I use, and how do I install it (preferably, using the UI)? In fact, I do not care that much that the UPM is up-to-date, but I do certainly want to install 1.x plugins as well as 2.x plugins.
Thanks in advance for your help.