Is there a way to have jira start up on a delay? We're running jira on Windows Server 2003 and there are a few applications that are restarting at the same time on this machine. I guess what I'm wondering is if there's a way to enter a delay within the jira start-up process (from the logs it seems like some of the plugins are timing out).
UPDATE: I'm no longer certain I'm having a problem with start up. The other day I had a lock-out issue, which isn't suprising because every other week we get an error message about plugins not being loaded that prevents users from being able to login, so I assumed it was a start-up issue (the server we're running no 'unexpectedly' restarts every other week). In this case, something happened around 9:30 am, and then at 4:30pm someone tried to go in and got the lock-out message. I think I need to do some more investigating, but below is part of the log file. (Is there a better alternative than cutting and pasting?) 2011-11-30 09:29:07,468 main INFO [atlassian.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] Running JIRA startup checks. 2011-11-30 09:29:07,843 main INFO [atlassian.jira.startup.JiraHomeStartupCheck] The jira.home directory 'C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA' is validated and locked for exclusive use by this instance. 2011-11-30 09:29:08,734 main INFO [atlassian.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] JIRA startup checks completed successfully. 2011-11-30 09:29:08,781 main INFO [atlassian.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] Database configuration OK ___ Database Configuration ________________ ... 2011-11-30 09:29:34,066 main INFO [atlassian.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] ___ Starting the JIRA Plugin System _________________ 2011-11-30 09:29:34,066 main INFO [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Initialising the plugin system 2011-11-30 09:30:03,660 main INFO [atlassian.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] Plugin Unit: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\plugins\.bundled-plugins\applinks-plugin-3.3.jar (1305873892000) created 2011-11-30 09:30:03,739 main INFO [atlassian.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] Plugin Unit: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\plugins\.bundled-plugins\atlassian-gadgets-dashboard-plugin-3.0.2.jar (1305873894000) created [...] 2011-11-30 09:31:29,128 Timer-1 WARN [internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor] Timeout occurred before finding service dependencies for [NonValidatingOsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=com.atlassian.gadgets.oauth.serviceprovider, config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml)] 2011-11-30 09:31:29,144 Timer-1 ERROR [internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor] Unable to create application context for [com.atlassian.gadgets.oauth.serviceprovider], unsatisfied dependencies: Dependency on [(objectClass=com.atlassian.gadgets.spec.GadgetSpecFactory)] (from bean [&gadgetSpecFactory]), Dependency on [(objectClass=com.atlassian.gadgets.GadgetRequestContextFactory)] (from bean [&gadgetRequestContextFactory]) org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Application context initialization for 'com.atlassian.gadgets.oauth.serviceprovider' has timed out at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.timeout(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:454) at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.access$000(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:50) at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor$WatchDogTask.run(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:105) at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512) at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462) 2011-11-30 09:31:29,144 Timer-1 ERROR [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Never resolved service '&gadgetSpecFactory' for plugin 'com.atlassian.gadgets.oauth.serviceprovider' with filter (objectClass=com.atlassian.gadgets.spec.GadgetSpecFactory) 2011-11-30 09:31:29,144 Timer-1 ERROR [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Never resolved service '&gadgetRequestContextFactory' for plugin 'com.atlassian.gadgets.oauth.serviceprovider' with filter (objectClass=com.atlassian.gadgets.GadgetRequestContextFactory) 2011-11-30 09:31:29,144 Timer-1 ERROR [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Unable to start the Spring context for plugin com.atlassian.gadgets.oauth.serviceprovider org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Application context initialization for 'com.atlassian.gadgets.oauth.serviceprovider' has timed out at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.timeout(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:454) at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.access$000(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:50) at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor$WatchDogTask.run(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:105) at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512) at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462) 2011-11-30 09:31:29,144 Timer-1 ERROR [extender.internal.activator.ContextLoaderListener] Application context refresh failed (NonValidatingOsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=com.atlassian.gadgets.oauth.serviceprovider, config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml)) org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Application context initialization for 'com.atlassian.gadgets.oauth.serviceprovider' has timed out at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.timeout(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:454) at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.access$000(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:50) at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor$WatchDogTask.run(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:105) at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512) at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)