I can see that JIRA-Jabber-Notifier-Listener plugin does not work with Jira 5.0.
Sending notifications to people using IM is crucial to me and I have to get something to fill the gap.
Could you please point me toward a working solution?
Hi all,
I am so terribly sorry for the beeing so slow to update you all. I just released the version 1.18 of the plugin. It contains a number of improvements:
NB: this plugin still implements the old JIRA Listener API and hence can not be reloaded at run-time. JIRA will have to be restarted for the upgrade. The fix for this is coming in the next release.
Hi,
did you come up with a solution? I have the same need where with 5.0 - stangely the Jabber-Notifier-Listener plugin worked for me in 4.4.3
Actually although not listed as working I was able to just put the plugin in place and it read all the settings I had before in database and worked fine. I didn't upgrade to 5.0. I will have to make sure IM notifications work before I do.
So what you're saying is that this plugin does not work with 5.0?
It works with 4.4.3
It does NOT work with 5.0
Yup, that's what I thought
Is there any news on this? Currently this is the only thing keeping me from upgrading our jira...
i dont have the energy or the time to install and test it with a jabber server, i take it you have all this ready to go but the plugin is not compatible with 5.x ?
I can spend some time on this to make it compatible with 5.X if you are happy to test it.
A beer or a pizza would be very good too ..
That would be nice - I tried to start fixing it myself, but ran into endless problems setting up the SDK.
I have everything ready for testing here, but for the beer and pizza you`re probably too far away...
Any news on this, anyone? The JIRA 5 support would be much appreciated!
Apologies, for some reason i lost track of this, will have a look and see what needs to be done.
I'm on a break all week next week, will try and see if i can squeeze something soon
You never know its a small world we might bump somewhere
Guys i have a ported version ready for you test.
i dont have permissions to update the source in svn here https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/svn/JJABBER/trunk/
please let me know where to send this for you all to rtest
cheers
Could you attach the jar file here for testing?
(jira-jabber-notifier-listener-2.0-SNAPSHOT.txt) have fun testing, rename the .txt file to .jar
hmm not sure where the attachment has gone atleast i cant see it .. mail me on parthi (dot) subu @ gmail.com will send the jar file
(jira-jabber-notifier-listener-2.0-SNAPSHOT.txt) attached rename to .jar
The 2.0-snapshot version installs ok to JIRA 5.0, and does try to connect to our server. I can't test it further as plaintext authentication is disabled in the server.
Would it be possible for you to upload the source as well, when you're done? The TLS/SALS issues should be pretty easy to sort out via Smack's ConnectionConfiguration, and we could try to figure it out ourselves.
It seems to work if you recreate all your listeners (the imported ones from Jira 4 won't work), but that is ok.
The message send out via xmpp still has variables in it, e.g.:
Blocker: $event.getUser().getFullName() triggered "Issue Created" event on issue "test
Turns out we had some jabberd roster issues, so TLS logins work now fine. But notifications fail due "/secure/AddComment.jspa [velocity] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException: reference : template = templates/im/notify.vm [line 1,column 39] : $event.getUser().getFullName() is not a valid reference."
Does that mean the plugin is not dead? What about the fixes from parthis?
Although this one is marked as accepted answer, parthis and his excellent work should be noted as well!
Thanks guys!
I have JIRA 5.0.7. But our modification plugin don't work. When I use "watchers" (+ User's Jabber ID Property {userName}@{xmppServer} ) notification it isn't sent. Everything works when I "test@jabber.ru" in field "Users to notify ". In what there can be a reason?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.