We are deprecating a development tool we use and moving to JIRA. I would like to be able to get a list of active components in JIRA to compare to our dev tools components to make sure JIRA is updated with all that we need. How do I get a list of the active components in JIRA and then export them to excel?
getComponentList from JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) produces a csv file that can be imported into Excel. Use with runFromProjectList to collect information from multiple projects into a single csv file.
I tried something a bit goofy but it worked surprisingly well for a simple list of components.
I was able to use the heat map gadget to create a list of labels as well.
Updated: This technique would give only the components actually used in issues included in the filter (assuming that's what the original question meant by "active", or "in active use").
Updated again: Please note, this is a "quick and dirty" technique rather than a more structured query or view. See the other answers for more "official" solutions.
Thank you Bob:)
Hi Jana,
There is another easy and economic way of doing the same. you can run below JQL:
component is not EMPTY
Above will result in all the issues which are using the component, post which you can export the issue result in an excel and remove duplicates(data->remove duplicates), by this you will have a list of unique components currently in use.
If you want to list out all the components in JIRA Project, then you can simply navigate to the project->Overview->Components
It will list all the components which you can simply copy and paste in an excel. you will have the entire component list.
Hope this helps.
some extent it is ok, but what about if 500+ projects?
Thanks anyway.
Appreciate the answer but we too have A LOT of projects which makes it more difficult. But more importantly, I don't just want to see those that are being used, but those that are NOT as well so that we can remove them or question if they are still valid. It does however get me closer than I was when I posted this question:) Thanks for your time.
Thanks Michelle! Appreciate the answer.
Thank you! It works!
Another way to access all of the components in a project or projects is to conduct a basic search in issue navigator.
Go to your search bar and type issue navigator and hit return/search - see image below
Once in issue navigator use the basic search and do the following:
Hope this helps!
Not sure how it will list Components that are not used in any issue (basically won't pull inactive components)
The query mentioned above pulls a holistic list of components, used or not used on any issue type. If created, it will populate in this list. In fact, if you had a project with no issues and only components, the query will render results, those of which are the components that exist within the project.
Ah so it will only populate the list of components to select from, not the search result.
Manually need to write down the components. again a tedious task if there are 100s or 1000s of components. But for few it is a good solution.
Thank you. Super helpful.
I used Confluence and put a two-dimensional filter in there with the following query: Component is not empty. I also filtered by project and issue type but that is optional.I then saved and exported the page to Word, instant beautiful table to be used anywhere I needed it.
Note: This renders very well for large numbers of issues. There are over 47k issues in my filter. Good luck!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.