I'm moving my CFL 3.5.17 from a Mac to Linux box with the intention to move to the latest CFL in the short-medium term. I've only one plugin - metadata. I couldn't get the "copy confluence data dir" across and was happy to just do a backup and restore from old to new. And then setup that one plugin.
However that one plugin was not found.https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.andya.confluence.plugins.metadata/versions#b108 lists all versions though everything from 2.1.6 down (or most of them) don't exist any more. I need ver 2.1.6.
Would anyone know where I can get a copy of version 2.1.6?
If you still have access to the old machine's disk, you can just find and copy the .jar file for the add-on. It should have a recognisable name, usually with the version number in it.
Hello Brooke,
first i would suggest you to go trough this guide: Migrating Confluence Between Servers
This will keep all you settings and data.
Another way is to ask the vendor for the old version: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/vendors/5292
Regards,Tim
Hi Nic,
I found:
./plugin-cache/1326111606000plugin.8391189301693938203.metadata-2.1.6.jar
Its under plugin-cache - does that seem right to you? The jar contents seem correct - org/andya/confluence/utils for example.
plugin-cache
org/andya/confluence/utils
How would I go about installing this? Given the wacky name!
Hi Tim, the version is too old I suspect, and the migration didn't work. Next best thing was to dump on old and restore on new. Then fix up the one plugin!
You can just grab a copy of that and use "upload addon" from the UPM.
I would strongly recommend renaming it though, to just metadata-2.1.6.jar before upload, or it'll end up with a really stupidly long name on the file system
Hi Brooke,
Were you able to get the add-on installed? If not, email support[at]comalatech.com and we can provide the jar file.
Miguel
Thanks Nic, that worked a treat. All seems to be working!
Cheers,
Brooke
Thanks for your help Miguel. Nic Brough's suggestions worked and I could find the jar. Onwards and upwards now!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.