I followed the instructions on this page to enable backup download:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Manually+Backing+Up+the+Site
But I still don't get prompted to download the file.
I just tested this out in Confluence 5.1.4 and it's working perfectly fine. Let's double check if the value of property admin.ui.allow.manual.backup.download is successfully set to 'true' in confluence.cfg.xml and you have restarted Confluence after making the changes. The result would be something like this:
admin.ui.allow.manual.backup.download
true
The backup was successfully created at C:\data\Confluence514\temp\xmlexport-20130717-211009-1.zip. This file will be deleted in 24 hours.
You can download the backup here.
Hi Robert,
is this what you did {{Confluence Admin>>Backup & Restore >> Back Up}}.
You should see a interface like the one in the screenshot below.
If the you have check the {{Archive to backups folder}}, the backup should been saved in the <confluence-home>/backups folder. Else it should be located in the <confluence-home>/temp folder.
Kind Regards,
Jing hwa
The docs say I should be able to download the file. There's no mention of just changing the path to <confluence-home>/backup, though that is where it's now going.
If that's all the admin.ui.allow.manual.backup.download option does, that's useless to me. My Confluence host is an Amazon EC2 instance and getting files off of it is kind of a pain, it would be more efficient just to download the file from the console a la space export.
testing to see if my comment is showing or otherwise
Something is screwy about the comments in Firefox. I had to switch to MSIE to post.
The property value was wrong, I did something wrong on the server side. It's working as documented now.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.