I don't see any documentation for specifially enabling JMX in JIRA and which MBeans we can monitor.
Confluence has this documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/live-monitoring-using-the-jmx-interface-150274182.html
I went with jolokia to expose JMX. Specifically, the Jolokia Agent for Atlassian. The plugin exposes JMX over and HTTP endpoint. I made all my calls to that endpoint. So my threading lookup might look something like this
http://jira-test.example.com:8085/plugins/servlet/jolokia/read/java.lang:type=Threading
I was having a hard time finding what was exposed exactly, support was somewhat helpful, so I went to the jolokia site to see if I could find anything. Here is the link to the Jolokia Tutorial. Toward the bottom of the page there is a feature that is called j4psh that wasn't the simplest thing to get working but when I got it I used that to "browse" around the available MBeans that are exposed. I think this maybe different per version of JIRA of what exactly is available from com.atlassian.jira.
This is just one way to hopefully find the info you are looking for.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver076/live-monitoring-using-the-jmx-interface-945111686.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.