Hi All,
I am trying to include content from an external web application, the visualisation part of our monitoring system (http://www.nagvis.org/) This site runs over https and uses basic authentication. Not all users of the wiki that will need to see this page have accounts on the NagVis system, so what I would like to do is have the confluence displayed pages use a specifc user. The SSL certificate is a public one, not self signed
I'm not sure of the best way to achieve this in Confluence. I have tried the HTML Include macro, but this doesn't seem to have any where to enter the user credentials. I've tried the https://user:password@examplesite.com/ format, but this comes back with a Page Not Permitted error.
I've also tried to use the iframe plugin, but as this goes direct from the client, it pops up the username/password box, or if I try the user:pass@ format that only works for the initial page call, and then the usual authentication box for the subsequent requests (in Firefox at least)
So does anyone have any suggestions, I would have thought that this is a reasonbly common requirement
Dave