Hello:
I have several mail servers/ services currently rrunning in JIRA 4.1. We use them to auto create a JIRA when a Fax is sent to a particular mailbox... Jira polls the mailbox every (x) minutes and then uses the mail service to create a JIRA ticket (we refer to this as a Fax JIRA ticket). They are all identically configured, but one of the Services creates a JIRA but somehow loses (or parses out) the Attachment (which is the actual fax iteself). I have deleted and rebuilt the Mail server and corresponding service, but it has had no effect. I tested our other Mail Servers/ Services and they are working correctly.
When I log into the email box (on our Microsoft Exchange Server) that the JIRA "service" polls from, I can see the email and the attachment coming into the mailbox, as well as leaving the mailbox, but when the Jira ticket is created, there is no attachment.
Oddly enough, after trying for several hours, suddenly this JIRA "service" also does not hold my "delay" changes. EG: I had originally set the delay to poll the Exchange mailbox every 1 minute for testing, but I wanted the email to spend more time in the mailbox before being sent to Jira, so I changed the "delay" to 3 and 5 minutes, but neither delay change was applied, the mailbox was still clearing the message immediately. Not sure if it is related, but I I thought it was worth mentioning.
I Would appreciate any help/ guidance. Our staff relies on these mail queues for financial based transactions and ticket creation.
Thanks
Arif