This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Panel Macro
how can I get a horizontal or vertical scroll bar for the panel?
The first problem is that the Panel macro scales out to accommodate the contents, so you have to limit the size of the panel:
Set the Styles field:
width: npx; height: npx
(where n=whatever size you want the panel to be)
Now that the Panel is constrained, you can add a constrained box within it and tell it to use scrollbars when necessary:
width: npx; height: npx; overflow: auto
(where the width is about 12px less than the panel div width)
Add content to the Div macro within the Panel macro
NOTE: If your content is just text, there will only be a vertical scrollbar, but any kind media will have both vertical and horizontal scrollbars.
I did not find Div macro. Where can I find Div macro?
It's part of the free tools in Adaptavist's Content Formatting For Confluence.
This works but then messes up the final page. div inside a panel inside a div
Hi, my problem is not exactly the same as Thomas Wilborn's; mine is to "keep element in view while scrolling". In particular, I want to make my Table of Contents respond to scrolling events. If you are interested, please read on:
Addendum: I find that my approach on Oct. 27 was affecting all of the panels in my space, and I just want to apply the scrollable panel to certain pages. Here is one way you can try to just keep the panel in your current page scrollable.
Please see https://www.screencast.com/t/DuYd76wyRf. As you can see, I add a HTML macro to my page. Inside the macro is 3 lines of CSS code.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.