ok.. so I downloaded Jira just so I can use the Redmine importer.. Point it at Redmine using The Redmine Admin account (has all permissions).. It grabs my list of projects. custom fields. etc. . I walk through all the steps (mappings etc) up to the final import step.. Run the import and get "com.taskadapter.redmineapi.NotAuthorizedException: Forbidden. Please check the user has proper permissions." I'm logged into the local Jira with The account I used to create the instance.. the only account and it has Jira System Admin permissions..
So I can't figure out which use it thinks doens't have permission (again I can't give either any more permissions then they already have).. And yes "Enable REST web service" is checked..
any thoughts? I've already wasted 2 days on trying to get my Redmine data over.. I'd hate to stay on Redmine but I'm not losing 2 years of Redmine data..