Anybody know if it is ok to restart the Confluence service before the index rebuild completes? We are wanting to give the virtual server and jvm more memory but the re-index is going very slowly. We want to do this irrespective of the re-index ... the machine just needs more but I'd rather not wait a day or two more to add it if possible.
The reindex will begin all over again after the restart, because it was not completed properly.
A good thing do to - after is to perform your changes - is to perform a Rebuild from Scratch:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Rebuild+the+Content+Indices+from+Scratch, so you next rebuilds (using the UI) should run more quickly.
Hi Davin,In the worst case the index will not be completed which means that some content might not be searchable for a while (until you rebuild the indexes again).
I figured that was the worst case, but should it in the best case just continue on with the rest if it hasn't been indexed yet? Or will it always require a re-index?
It's actually doing a rebuild from scratch right now ... SLOWLY. I started it last night and it went from 0%-66% in about 10 minutes and has spend the last 9 hours getting to 67%. The server needs more RAM anyway, so hopefully adding more will help with the index rebuild faster.
How big is this confluence? 9 hours implies it's absolutely vast, or you're running it on Commodore 64...
I don't think it's vast ... I'm sure it is something else like disk performance or ram ... one reason why I am adding RAM tonight.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.