I'm trying to populate a custom Label field in one of my projects with about 200 values. The list contains information about the systems in this project, hence the lengthy list.
I tried it with JSON following the suggestions here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=314449019
and here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Importing+Data+from+JSON#ImportingDatafromJSON-CustomFields
But my imports keep failing. It looks as if the import is expecting a Summary field. The JSON format does indeed include the "customFieldValues" section inside the "Issues" section. It's as if it's trying to import a issues and populate them with the Labels.
I need to do the opposite. That is, I need to pre-populate the Labels field so that when users start entering issues, the values are already there.
I also tried importing the list using CSV, but again a summary field is required.
Is there any way to pre-populate the Labels field so that when users start entering issues, the values are already there?
I don't think creating 200 bogus issues and deleting them is a practical approach.
FWIW, here are he JSON imports I tried:
Attempt 1:
{
"projects": [
{
"key": "TPHELP",
"issues": [
{
"customFieldValues": [
{
"fieldName": "Service Tag",
"fieldType": "com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:labels",
"value": "1FM3PC1"
},
{
"fieldName": "Service Tag",
"fieldType": "com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:labels",
"value": "1GRBQW1"
},
{
"fieldName": "Service Tag",
"fieldType": "com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:labels",
"value": "1GS8QW1"
}
]
}
]
}
]
}
Attempt 2:
"customFieldValues": [
{
"fieldName": "Service Tag",
"fieldType": "com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:labels",
"value": "1FM3PC1"
},
{
"fieldName": "Service Tag",
"fieldType": "com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:labels",
"value": "1GRBQW1"
},
{
"fieldName": "Service Tag",
"fieldType": "com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:labels",
"value": "1GS8QW1"
}
]