I installed a new instance of JIRA and tried to restore it with an XML backup. However, it gave me the *java.lang.outofmemoryerror gc overhead limit exceeded* error. I tried making changes to *setenv.bat* as suggested in the documentation - GC Overhead Limit Exceeded|http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/GC+Overhead+Limit+Exceeded and Increasing JIRA Memory|http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Increasing+JIRA+Memory . However, when i make changes to this file and try to start JIRA, it crashes within a few seconds and leaves no logs.
I realized that there was a problem with regarding our RAM allocation. We're using 8GB of RAM on a 32-bit operating system, and 32-bit operating systems can only utilize 4GB of RAM. Therefore, when I made changes to setenv.bat it conflicted with our RAM and caused JIRA to crash.
Can you take a look at the catalina.out logs? These should be in the JIRA installation directory (under logs) rather than the JIRA home directory (where the atlassian-jira.log file is)
Hi Colin,
Thanks for the reply.
Saneth
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.