How can I give permission to a user on "Create attachements" but without "Browse project" permission?
Hi John, you can configure this in the Permission Scheme. But I don't get this since you need the user to be able to see the issue so he can add attachments to it.
I can give permission to create without to browse project permission and that work, but if I give "Create attachment" permission without "Browse project" permission, the first one doesnt work. I can not give "Browse project" permission to my clients, because we have a lot of internal information and We are not interesting about they can take it.
Exactly, because if they have create attachments permissions won't mean anything if they can't see the issue... If you want to give them the browse project permissions but you don't want them to see the issue you could use the issue security scheme, or create a project for those users.
Thks Ramiro. I gonna try with the issue security scheme, because I need the client only can create Bug issues (Bug, cause is for acceptance testing, and they only create issues of type Bug) and that when he is creating he can attach files.
The client doesnt need to browse the project or view the created issues, neither anything else.
My problem is that when an user who can create issues, but can not browse the project, just in the moment he is creating an issue, he can not attach any file, and the application shows this message:
"Cannot attach file xxxxx.xx: Unknown server error (404)."
I need he can attach the file when he is creating issues, just then. He doesnt browse or review any issues.
Hmm. That's odd, it's not what I got last time I looked - I had a "permission denied after create" incident before Christmas, and there were attachments there (the reason it was a problem was that the user lost the attachments and wanted a copy from Jira, where we realised his profile was wrong).
Can you read the log file? Are there errors in there at the time of the 404?
Hello.
Ramiro and Nic, Thks for helping.
I applied the Issue Scheme and works perfect to me.
Bye.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.