Looking to configure our JIRA isntance to always show absolute dates (e.g. 5/22/2013) instead of Relative dates (e.g. Wednseday) when viewing issues.
I have referenced these two pages but I do not think they apply to my problem:
Hi Agile ,
To change to Relative Dates do the below steps:
Under Look & Feel : use the Date Format: MM/dd/yy
Create a file <a href="https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+JIRA+Configuration#AdvancedJIRAConfiguration-Thejira-config.propertiesfile" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">jira-config.properties</a> under JIRA HOME Dir.
<a href="https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+JIRA+Configuration#AdvancedJIRAConfiguration-Thejira-config.propertiesfile" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">jira-config.properties</a>
under JIRA HOME Dir.
Add Property jira.lf.date.relativize=false.
Then Restart JIRA.
-Kapil
Thanks Kapil, I also found https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-8310 based on your answer
We tried this solution, and the relative dates are still showing. We're on version 6.3.12. Is there something we're missing?
How do you do this if you're Jira is hosted by Atlassian?
I also tried this on 6.4 and I still see relative dates.
This works for me with 6.4.10
Hello! This did not work for me in Jira 7.3.5.
It's really crucial for Service desk project, where we track hours.
Is there somebody with successfull experience on switching to absolute dates in JIRA 7?
Yes it worked for me on Jira 7.5
Try this...
Stop Jira
Modify :
<"jira installation">/WEB-INF/classes/jpm.xml
<property><key>jira.lf.date.relativize</key><default-value>true</default-value> <<<< Put to "false"<type>boolean</type><requires-restart>false</requires-restart><admin-editable>false</admin-editable><sysadmin-editable>false</sysadmin-editable></property>
Start Jira
Re-index Jira
This works for me with Jira 7.12. (Server and Data Center)
This action showing absolute dates
@Francisco Morgado Gonzalez, per this page:
Advanced Jira application configuration
you should NEVER update the jpm.xml file as these changes will not be migrated when you upgrade to a new version of software. This file is for defaults only.
This page provides instructions for turning off the relative dates and worked for me:
Disable Relative Dates in Jira Applications
As outlined in the first response by @Kapil Bolli, make sure that you restart your Jira application after creating/updating the <a href="https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+JIRA+Configuration#AdvancedJIRAConfiguration-Thejira-config.propertiesfile" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" target="_blank">jira-config.properties</a> file.
<a href="https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+JIRA+Configuration#AdvancedJIRAConfiguration-Thejira-config.propertiesfile" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" target="_blank">jira-config.properties</a>
file.
Hi Pam,
Thanks for the clarification. I will try the instructions.
Tip for everyone in here: Just install free add-on Relative time converter from @MoroSystems Support
Link: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=relative+time+converter
Hi @Tomáš Vrabec ,
I've tried your app, and unfortunately had to de-install it as it only corrects the date format for issues comments & history.
Since I'm using Xray to print out traceability reports to our customers, I still need to provide an information that gives better information than "yesterday" or "4 days ago". If you're involved in MoroSystems, please feel free to provide a solution that replaces the workaround quoted above, with jira.lf.date.relativize parameter value update.
Unfortunately, this workaround does not work anymore for very recent JIRA server versions, as stated in JRASERVER-41506 comments. That is why I have asked Atlassian to re-open it.
Cheers.
Hi @Damien I am not anymore involved within this solution partner, but still do have a lot friends over there.
Lets try to tag them, and hopefully someone will take care about your suggestion :-)
Hello @MoroSystems Support could you take a look this suggestion? Relative Time converter should be maintained as its very useful and personally - its part of the architecture for every customer I am working with :-)
Have a nice day guys!
Tom
Another option that avoids the need to create or modify jira-config.properties is to add this setting to the jira database. Here is SQL that will insert the setting into a PostgreSQL DB:
select max(id)+1 as id into newid from propertyentry;insert into propertynumber (id,propertyvalue) values (newid.id,0);insert into propertyentry (id, entity_name, entity_id, property_key, propertytype) values (newid.id,'jira.properties',1,'jira.lf.date.relativize',1);drop table newid;
Results on Jira v8.5.0:
postgres=# select max(id)+1 as id into newid from propertyentry; insert into propertynumber (id,propertyvalue) values (newid.id,0); insert into propertyentry (id, entity_name, entity_id, property_key, propertytype) values (newid.id,'jira.properties',1,'jira.lf.date.relativize',1); drop table newid;ERROR: relation "propertyentry" does not existLINE 1: select max(id)+1 as id into newid from propertyentry;^ERROR: relation "propertynumber" does not existLINE 1: insert into propertynumber (id,propertyvalue) values (newid....^ERROR: relation "propertyentry" does not existLINE 1: insert into propertyentry (id, entity_name, entity_id, prope...^ERROR: cannot execute DROP TABLE in a read-only transaction
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.