I'm using JIRA 5.0 and am wondering if there is a way to limit a user's ability to create certain issue types.
Here is my example.
JIRA groups: jira-client, jira-product_owner, jira-developer, jira-qa
JIRA issue types: ticket, epic, user story, bug, enhancement, test case, technical task (sub-task)
Issue Types breakdown by role:
jira-client: ticket
jira-product_owner: ticket, epic, user story, bug, enhancement
jira-developer: epic, user story, bug, enhancement, technical task (sub-task)
jira-qa: bug, enhancement, test case
Is there a way to limit their visibility to create these issue types according to the above mapping? For instance, users in the jira-client group can only create tickets and users in the jira-qa group can only create bug, enhancement, and test case issue types.
I did notice an Issue Security Scheme which you can set on creating of an issue type which after it has been created, depending on what those scheme settings are, the user cannot see or modify that issue currently being created.
Any help is greatly appreciated! Please let me know if I can help clarify in any way.
Thanks,
Jason