Hi there,
Good day, I have a doubt regarding Migrating JIRA which is already running in an old server, to a new server which is just for the underlying OS version upgrade.
We are migrating our JIRA application which was earlier installed on a server having WINDOWS 2008 server edition installed and now we are migrating to WINDOWS 2012 server edition.
I installed JIRA in the new machine but when I am trying to configure JIRA in that server and when I tried to use my previously existing database schema it was giving error as "Please provide an empty schema".
Can you please let me know the answers of couple of questions,
- Can the current JIRA and the newly installed JIRA co-exist and be pointed to same database ?
- If no, can we disconnect the database from current JIRA and have the newly installed JIRA to point to it?
If there is a no for both the questions, can you please let me know in this scenario what should be the most appropriate method we should go for?
Also please be informed that the number of issues in our application are ~3,00,000.