I realize a google search will reveal hundreds, if not thousands of related answers but none of them address what I want. Here is what I want
- When creating a Scrum Software Development Project
- When clicking Create, to create an Issue (Story/Task/Sub Task)
- I want to be able to enter a value for Estimate (see here for details)
- I want to be able to enter a value for Estimated Duration (see here for details)
- I want to be able to enter a value for Remaining Duration (see here for details)
I managed to get points 4 and 5 working, but I didn't document my work, and now I can't recreate it. In any case, I can't get point 3 working, so I have to go create the issue, then go in the Issue Detail View and change it.
I find this is the problem with Jira: It does not have a clean, unified interface. Instead, it has context sensitive functionality which does not need to be so. Also, the high degree of customization is all over the place to the point that one has to go to system preferences to enable time tracking, then go to the Board Preferences to customize, all this for something that is always required for projects: Time Tracking.