We're using JIRA 6.0.5. When I click the icon that says "A permanent link to a comment" that's displayed to the upper right of every comment I see this behavior (on both Chrome and IE 10):
1) My browser follows the link, showing the issue and highlighting the comment
2) The URL shows the full link, but 200 msec later, the URL shortens to just show the issue ID.
- For example, the URL shortens from
- To
In previous versions (I'm not sure how far back) when I clicked the icon that says "A permanent link to a comment" I could have sworn the behavior was different (and more useful), but I don't remember exactly what occured. Either some sort of new window would display showing the link, or the address bar would update to show the full URL and wouldn't auto-shorten it.
Is the current behavior the intended behavior? Do I just need to remember to right click the "A permanent link to a comment" icon and choose "Copy shortcut" when I want to paste that link into an e-mail?
Last question: I've found that I can shorten the URL to truncate it after "&page=" and the link still works just fine:
Why is that &page= stuff even included in the permanent URL?
Thanks.