Hello,
I'm trying to understand if we can with JIRA come up with a solution that helps us manage versions in multiple environments. Let me develop a little bit...
Our products always go through two different production environments, a BETA and a FINAL environment. So, issues are often fixed in more than one version. So far, everything's pretty standard. However, to make sure things are correctly patched in all versions, the QA team usually validates the BETA and FINAL packages when they are built. What would really help was if we could somehow classificate the releases as BETA or FINAL (being able to later change the first one to the last). This would allow us to have in JIRA an overview of which version is in which environment and the issues in each.
Another question is on testing. Issues are verified by the QA team when it's fixed (before there's a version) and, as mentioned above, when they're assigned to a version. What I'm thinking is that it would be good to be able to distinguish between verified in one version and in another version. That is, if the issue is solved in version A and B, there should be some property that I could set as "verified in version A" and/or "verified in version B".
I'm still adapting to this and still evaluation, so maybe there are better ways to do this, so, maybe you can help me out on this one?
Thanks.