Hi, I want to do a Confluence Template, but I just want to be able to edit only the variables, without changing the field name. It is possible?
Hi Guillermo,
You can use Form Field Markup with templates - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Form+Field+Markup+for+Templates - would that work for you?
If you need something more powerful have a look at the plugins listed on the Working with Templates page at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Working+with+Templates
Hope that helps?
Andrew.
Andrew, Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I've tested that you comment and is not what I'm looking for or trying to do. I would like the user can not modify the text that accompanies the variable. Basically what I want is that users only enter data in the fields provided for this purpose. I hope now to have been a little more clear about what I want. I look forward to any help
Apologies if I'm misunderstanding. Is it that you want users to be able to create a template, but only allow them to change field data within that template? Or do you want to create a template and have users be able to create pages from that template?
For a user creating a template, but being restricted in what they can edit in that template I'm not aware of any way of doing that. If an admin creates a template using form fields then users will be prompted to provide values for those fields when creating a page from that template, though it doesn't stop users from altering the field titles for those page instances after the pages have been created.
Did you also have a look at the plugins (Scaffolding and Zones) linked to from the second link? They allow you to do a lot more with templates and structured content and may be closer to what you're looking for.
Andrew, yes I want that the user can create a document based on a template, but ONLY allow to change field data within the template, without altering the field titles.
Besides Andrew, there is someone else who can give me help on this issue?. I want that the user can create a document based on a template, but ONLY allow to change field data within the template, without altering the field titles. I need this.!
Did you ever find out how to do this?
Hi! I have the same issue! someone found the way?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.