- I implemented the stash backups using the stash-backup-client-1.4.0 many months ago. We have since upgraded our stash to version 3.8.0 and created a brand new environment from scratch, to which I'd like to recover backups to. I tested the recovery using 1.4.0 and it worked fine back when I implemented the backups, months ago. However, it's not working now that I need to recover to stash 3.8.0. I recieved this error complaining about using backup client v1.4.0 (which is strange since it still backs up with stash 3.8.0, but can't recover to 3.8.0??):
2015-06-12 10:47:55,525 ERROR [main] c.a.s.i.backup.client.RestoreMain stash-20150610-050538-924.tar could not be restored. Reason: This version of the restore client (1.4.0) lacks the necessary features to restore the backup stash-20150610-050538-924.tar of Stash 3.8.0. You must upgrade the restore client to successfully restore the backup.
2. So I downloaded, installed and configured your latest version 1.9.1 backup client on the new environment, but now I'm getting this error:
2015-06-12 13:06:53,351 INFO [main] c.a.s.i.b.client.spring.SpringMain Initializing
2015-06-12 13:06:54,601 INFO [main] c.a.s.i.b.c.DefaultRestoreClient Unpacking stash-20150610-050538-924.tar to /home/stash/stash_home
2015-06-12 13:07:48,342 INFO [main] c.a.s.i.b.c.DefaultRestoreClient Validating database before restore
2015-06-12 13:07:49,009 ERROR [main] c.a.s.i.backup.client.RestoreMain stash-20150610-050538-924.tar could not be restored. Reason:
The target database is not configured for UTF-8 support. For information about creating a database for use with Stash, please refer to the Stash documentation.
com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.client.RestoreException: The target database is not configured for UTF-8 support. For information about creating a database for use with Stash, please refer to the Stash documentation.
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.client.DefaultRestoreClient.validateDataSource(DefaultRestoreClient.groovy:261) ~[stash-restore-client.jar:1.9.1]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.client.DefaultRestoreClient.withDataSource(DefaultRestoreClient.groovy:268) ~[stash-restore-client.jar:1.9.1]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.client.DefaultRestoreClient.restoreDatabase(DefaultRestoreClient.groovy:220) ~[stash-restore-client.jar:1.9.1]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.client.DefaultRestoreClient.restoreSystem(DefaultRestoreClient.groovy:254) ~[stash-restore-client.jar:1.9.1]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.client.DefaultRestoreClient.restore(DefaultRestoreClient.groovy:85) ~[stash-restore-client.jar:1.9.1]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.client.spring.SpringMain.run(SpringMain.groovy:28) [stash-backup-core-1.9.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.client.RestoreMain.main(RestoreMain.groovy:55) [stash-restore-client.jar:1.9.1]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.client.JavaVersionCheckingShim.invokeClientClassMain(JavaVersionCheckingShim.java:71)
[stash-restore-client.jar:1.9.1]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.client.JavaVersionCheckingShim.run(JavaVersionCheckingShim.java:85) [stash-restore-client.jar:1.9.1]
... 69 frames suppressed3. By the way I've dumped and recreated by stash database several times, the same I always do:
mysql> drop database stash;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
mysql> create database stash CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
mysql> flush privileges;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)
mysql> grant all privileges on stash.* to 'stash'@'10.1.119.13' identified by '<passwd>';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
mysql> flush privileges;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
mysql> quit
4. These are the configuration settings within my backup-config.properties file:
Backup Properties:
stash.home=/mnt/external/stash_home
stash.user=stash
stash.password=<passwd for the stash user with admin privs>
stash.baseURL=https://stashstag.vidder.net
Restore Properties:
jdbc.override=true
jdbc.driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
jdbc.url=jdbc:mysql://<ipaddress>:3306
jdbc.user=stash
jdbc.password=<passwd for stash database user>
Any help would be appreciated.
Best Regards,
Alicia