I need to know which users accessed a given confluence space and which users downloaded a given file.
Is it possibile?
Thank you
Use the Activity Stream Gadget to see the latest activity!
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Activity+Stream+Gadget
I am not sure if file downloading is captured but have a look!
The obvious solution (to me) would be to use a web analytics package such as Google Analytics to track these details.
Unfortunately, free options that allow user tracking are few and far between. For example if you read section 7 of the Google Analytics terms of service, you'll see that this is not permitted.
Commercial products such as Omniture, Webtrends and CoreMetrics permit user tracking by name, so that is an option.
Aside: AppFusions has Confluence integrations for both Google Analytics and Webtrends, but none currently for the other solutions.
Hi,
I only need a tool which display the number of visitors of a page since page creation or a given date. So I don't need the usernames just the numbers?
Can you suggest such a plugin or user macro?
Thanks in advance!Rumi
Hmm, this was not the original question, but for a simple tracking counter you can use the Customware Tracking Plugin: https://plugins.atlassian.com/269
Hi Rumi,
it's a commercial plugin but at no charge.
Hi Thomas,
is it a free plugin?
Based on your clarification of what you want (page views not user names), I would use Google Analytics. There's already plenty of info on integrating it with Confluence, including:
http://forums.atlassian.com/thread.jspa?threadID=30317
hth
matt
You could try the Confluence User Engagement plugin which AppFusions recently released on Atlassian Marketplace.
It tracks:
Additionally, user logins and search terms are tracked.
More details here:https://www.appfusions.com/display/CONFENGAGE/Documentation
Here's an example screenshot:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.