I am currently getting a ManifestNotFoundException when I attempt to create an Application Link between JIRA and Confluence:
2015-10-12 14:58:30,011 http-bio-8080-exec-22 ERROR jiralocaladmin 898x343x1 zcyxmz 10.212.134.1,0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /rest/applinks/2.0/applicationlinkForm/manifest.json [core.rest.ui.CreateApplica
tionLinkUIResource] ManifestNotFoundException thrown while retrieving manifest
com.atlassian.applinks.spi.manifest.ManifestNotFoundException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: No appropriate protocol (protocol is disabled or cipher suites are inappropriate)
I have tried suggestions on the following linked pages with no luck:
The first link suggests that I can circumvent the inner SSLHandshakeException by adding "-Dhttps.protocols=TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2" to my java arguments. I accomplished this by adding the arguments to my "JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS" variable in the JIRA_INSTALLATION/bin/setenv.sh script.
After I do this, the inner exception changes from an SSLHandshakeException to a ValidatorException:
2015-10-12 14:36:34,622 http-bio-8080-exec-20 ERROR jiralocaladmin 876x97x1 1fxu6if 10.212.134.1,0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /rest/applinks/2.0/applicationlinkForm/manifest.json [core.rest.ui.CreateApplica
tionLinkUIResource] ManifestNotFoundException thrown while retrieving manifest
com.atlassian.applinks.spi.manifest.ManifestNotFoundException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.c
ertpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
I have tried almost everything under the sun to fix this, but am having no luck! The SSLPoke class suggested in the second link comes back with the following message:
Successfully connected
NOTE: I am running Confluence (5.6.1) and JIRA (6.3.6) with Java 1.8.0_u60 on the same server under Apache / SSL on RHEL 6.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! Lost 5+ hours to this today.